ACTA NON VERBA – Action not Words
Woodrock believes that each animal deserves a loving, stable "forever home"; for this reason, the re-homing process is extensive.
All animals will be sterilised, inoculated, rabies vaccinated and dewormed prior to adoption, and a vaccination health record reflecting all relative historical information is handed over to the new family.
Woodrock Animal Rescue Adoption Procedure:
- We answer questions regarding the animals over the phone, email and at the shelter to determine suitability.
- The adopter must visit the shelter and meet the animal in person. We advise a greet and meet with your existing pets and the potential adopted animal take place at Woodrock.
- The adopter completes an adoption application form (available below) and pays a non-refundable R200 application fee via cash or card only. This fee will be deducted from the Adoption Fee if adoption successful.
- A home check date is arranged.
- If the home check is approved, the adopter will be notified and can come and collect the adopted animal. (Adoption fee payable in full before animal leaves the premises - cash or card only)
- If the adoption should not work out after a few days, the animal may be returned, no questions asked and the adoption fee will be refunded.
Condition Precedent to the adoption agreement and limited title to the adopted animal
- If at any time, throughout the future life of the adopted animal, Woodrock Animal Rescue at its sole discretion, determines that the welfare of the adopted animal is compromised, then Woodrock Animal Rescue retains the RIGHT to re-take possession of the adopted animal from its guardian (person adopting the animal) and to refund all adoption monies paid.
- The guardian further agrees that Woodrock Animal Rescue may visit the new family home.
- The guardian further agrees that no change in guardianship to the adopted animal shall take place without the prior approval of Woodrock Animal Rescue.
Due to the nature of rescue, many times we are unable to ascertain the "house-trained" ability of the animals and so we stress that patience is emphasized over the transition phase. Woodrock also has some great tips and tricks regarding potty training.
We are always available for advice, a chat or reassurance! By adopting an animal with us you are embarking into an ongoing relationship and we are always there for you as you are to the animal
Contact 082 925 3133 or 076 155 4439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodrock Adoption Fees
- A R200 non-refundable ADOPTION APPLICATION FEE is payable via cash or card when submitting this form to Woodrock. This will be deducted from the Adoption Fee if adoption if successful. We do not accept EFT payments.
- Adoption fees are payable UPFRONT via cash or card. We do not accept EFT payments.
- No adopted animal can leave our premises WITHOUT PAYMENT IN FULL.
- All our animals are STERILISED prior to leaving our premises unless with prior approval from Woodrock Management.
Adult: R850 (includes inoculations/deworming/flea treatment /microchip/sterilisation)
Puppy: R1200 (includes first inoculations/deworming/flea treatment/ microchip/ sterilisation).
UNSTERILISED: An additional R400 is payable if a dog or puppy leaves our premises before it has been sterilised. This will be REFUNDED when proof of sterilisation has been received by Woodrock. This is strictly monitored as Woodrock aims at all costs to eliminate the increase in animal breeding when there are so many unwanted animals out there looking for a home.
Adult: R600 (includes inoculations/deworming/flea treatment /microchip/sterilisation)
Kitten: R600 (includes first inoculations/deworming/flea treatment /microchip/sterilisation).
UNSTERILISED: An additional R400 is payable if a cat or kitten leaves our premises before it has been sterilised. This will be REFUNDED when proof of sterilisation has been received by Woodrock. This is strictly monitored as Woodrock aims at all costs to eliminate the increase in animal breeding when there are so many unwanted animals out there looking for a home.
We rely on community support. Any additional DONATIONS are most welcome.
Woodrock Adoption Application Form
Print and complete the application form below and bring with it you when you come to Woodrock Animal Rescue to meet your potential adopted animal. Thank you for considering adopting!
|Woodrock Animal Rescue Adoption Form - V2.3 (PDF version)|
|File Size:||264 kb|
|Woodrock Animal Rescue Adoption Form - V2.3 (Word version)|
|File Size:||76 kb|
Woodrock Animal Rescue is a registered Non – Profit Organisation (NPO 103-156) and Public Benefits Organisation. We are funded through community support. Our important work on behalf of animals is reliant on the generosity of our donors.